A Nasdaq listed, medical device company with commercial activities in the US and Canada is currently seeking a motivated, qualified individual with a proven track record of success and professional growth to join our dynamic team. We are seeking a Corporate Controller to manage the accounting, finance and SEC reporting functions as the Company enters the next phase of its growth. This position may be in office or remote with occasional travel our corporate office in Newtown, PA.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller will:
- Manage all accounting functions, including general ledger, A/R, A/P, expenses entries, fixed assets deposits and inventory management.
- Prepare timely, accurate monthly financial reports for the management team including Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Statements of Cash Flow.
- In collaboration with the CFO and external technical resources, draft and format financial reports, schedules, and statements, for SEC filings.
- Manage the preparation of financial schedules, annual budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections; provide information for the development of long-term business plans and investor presentations.
- Manage stock comp expense processes, track/issue shares/equity.
- Manage the preparation and review of all monthly reconciliations in a timely manner, including all bank, credit card and vendor statements, as well as quarterly and year-end reconciliations. Ensure any closing processes are in accordance with US GAAP standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Build and relationships with vendors and lenders, make payments and tax filings in a timely manner.
- Support ERP system initiatives and collaborate with Technology group in developing the functionality and effectiveness of accounting systems.
- Develop and implement scalable procedures, processes and internal controls (i.e., segregation of duties).
- Review contracts and service agreements for all financial and accounting implications to the transactions.
- Work with external auditors and legal counsel on compliance and filings.
- Manage tax return filings and state business filings and registrations.
- Handle additional duties as requested by management.
- Experience in the medical device, therapeutic technologies industry is highly desired, biotech experience acceptable.
- 7+ years combined professional experience in public and corporate accounting with a proven track record of success; CPA required; Audit experience required.
- Successful candidate must have demonstrated expertise in US GAAP, FASB standards.
- Previous experience working in a public company required; knowledge of SEC reporting and SEC regulations a must; NASDAQ experience preferred
- Experience working in a growth-oriented, early-stage environment, preferably in the medical device or therapeutic technologies industry highly desired
- Proven experience developing and implementing internal controls, processes and accounting policies
- Computer Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft office required, especially Excel. Knowledge of accounting/finance and ERP systems a must; experience with Microsoft Dynamics highly desired
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently; ideal candidate demonstrates positive career progression and desire to learn and grow
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Must be comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Please answer the following questions:
- How many years of Medical Device accounting and/or finance experience do you have?
- How many years of accounting within an SEC / public company experience do you have?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.