Location: Remotely, based out of Newtown PA
Reports to: VP, Sales and Marketing (North America)
Reporting to the VP Sales and Marketing (North America), the Senior Manager, Customer Support and Patient Services advises on and implements the strategic plan for reimbursement, market access and commercial operations for company products. Analyzes and develops commercialization strategies in terms of coverage and reimbursement, existing and emerging payer policies, distribution operations, patient-provider-payer ecosystem, pricing, contracting strategies, potential barriers to provider and patient access, customer service, marketing, payer relations, hub services, etc. Implements and operationalizes accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enroll HMI as DME provider and manage all aspects
- Developing the processes, systems, and infrastructure for the company’s reimbursement operations, insurance contracting and licensing
- Assist in the preparation of state licenses and government payer licenses
- Prepare Government and Commercial Payer contracts and documents in preparation for launch
- Provide support materials for customer operations, field service teams, physicians, and physical therapists
- Coordinate on reimbursement issues with third parties
- Helps develop the material for internal and/or external trainings and presentations on payer value communication and market access. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop plan of action (POA) around marketing material and presentations
- Develops reimbursement code strategies and obtains codes for company products and therapies. (work with JDL)
- Collaborate with internal teams, regulatory, medical affairs teams, and key thought leaders in developing market access strategies, including placement, promotion, and messaging to constituents along the continuum of care.
- Collaborate with internal teams, regulatory and medical affairs team, and key thought leaders to drive coding strategies including specialty societies, key accounts, key customers. Execute upon strategies to obtain reimbursement codes.
- Oversee the design, development and execution of access programs and payer submissions.
- Develop and implement process flows and standard operating procedures for customer service/call center, patient assistance, payer management and access programs (internally managed until volume necessitates outsourced distributor/3PL/HUB operations);
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Required:
- BA/BS in business, health/science, healthcare administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10+years management experience within the medical device distribution industry
- 10+ years’ experience in market access and reimbursement
- 5+ years’ experience working cross-functionally across all levels of an organization with proven financial, management and organizational skills.
- 5+ years managing the process for obtaining reimbursement codes for medical devices and treatment/therapies
- Strong project management skills
Key Competencies for Position:
- Analytical: Analytical thinking, business management skills, problem solving and decision-making, cost management, planning/forecasting/budgeting, variance analysis, benchmarking, risk identification, financial modeling.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Communication: Communicate information, business concepts, and data with team members in a clear and concise manner; able to express both complex and non-complex concepts and ideas clearly
- Team Effectiveness: Demonstrate respect for others’ responsibility and expertise. Demonstrate leadership in achieving team goals and resolving conflict.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Departmental procedures, HIPAA, general training on FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), others as required