Location: Newtown, PA
Reports to: Senior Director, Accounting and Finance / Controller
Reports to the Senior Director, Accounting and Finance / Controller. Supports entries and transactions in an accounting system. Participates in monthly close process. Prepares key statements and underlying support for SEC filings. Oversees order to cash process. May assist in technical accounting matters. Ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations. May interpret reports and records for managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings, including, but not limited to, the preparation of Statements of Equity, Statements of Cash Flows, and Earnings per Share calculations
- Preparation of quarterly and annual analytics
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations and accompanying journal entries for areas including bonus and severance accruals, inventory, and intercompany eliminations
- Review of monthly reconciliations for including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangibles, and cash
- Oversee order to cash process
- Preparation of bi-monthly payroll for US and Canadian employees
- Work with external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual financial audit
- Assist with ad-hoc data requests
- Assist with technical accounting matters
- Assist in improving accounting processes
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Required:
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, or related field is preferred, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting role in a public company and/or a Big 4 Firm
- Demonstrated expertise in US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred
Key Competencies for Position:
- Financial Theory: Understand business principles and language including the fundamentals of finance, accounting (GAAP accounting), planning and budgeting. Advanced understanding of accounting principals and concepts with ability to manage transactions in updating and maintaining accounting systems.
- Analytical: Analytical thinking, financial management skills, problem solving and decision-making, cost management, planning/forecasting/budgeting, variance analysis, benchmarking, risk identification, financial reporting.
- Communication: Communicate information and financial data with team members in a clear and concise manner; able to express both complex and non-complex concepts and ideas clearly
- Departmental procedures, others as required