Helius Medical Technologies is a neuro-tech company focused on addressing symptoms of neurological disease and trauma. Our Portable Neuromodulation Stimulator (PoNS™) Therapy combines translingual stimulation of the cranial nerves with functional rehabilitation to enable the recovery of chronic neurological symptoms, including balance and gait disorders.
We are looking to add one Medical Science Liaison for each of our Northeast, Central and Western regions. The Field Medical team is being built as Helius prepares for the US commercial launch our groundbreaking PoNS™ technology.
Reporting to the VP of Medical Affairs, this key, hands-on role will deliver cutting-edge clinical and scientific data and technical/practical education to clinicians, physical therapists, key thought leaders, professional societies, and payers within professional communities focused on treatments for neurological symptoms caused by disease or trauma. Position requires extensive travel (up to 60%)Specific responsibilities include:
- Successfully complete required PoNS™ therapeutic training and demonstrate competency in communicating information in support of neurological disease or TBI treatment; retain and relay information from key publications.
- Develop new relationships within professional communities in our target market and educate HCP’s, thought leaders and payers on the efficacy of Helius’ PoNS™ treatment.
- Develop and maintain a high level of scientific expertise in neurostimulation and neuromodulation therapies as it relates to brain disease and trauma.
- Assist in the development and design of education materials, including whitepapers, clinical data, professional publications, and patient testimonials to support the adoption of PoNS™.
- In collaboration with market access teams, share approved provider protocols and facilitate the development and implementation of individual institution/CEP needs and appropriate scientific exchange
- Support the collection of data as it relates to clinical trials for new product applications in collaboration with Helius’ clinical research team.
- Support HCP’s with grant submissions and publications.
- Lead, develop, and implement local, regional and national programs to promote disease state and product awareness and education.
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with current and prospective key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent HCP as they relate to both Helius’ market and pipeline products.
- Serve as key clinical/scientific resource to these institutional accounts and their respective healthcare stakeholders.
- Accurately respond to complex medical questions from institutional-based health care providers in accordance with approved company guidance for MSLs and all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards using approved content.
- Identify, collect, and communicate insights related to competitor medical information and physician practice trends.
- Identify, collect and communicate insights related to PoNS™, competitor medical information and physician/PT practice trends at relevant conferences and sessions
- Advanced degree in health sciences in a medically related field (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D.) from an accredited college or university. Will consider Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (RN, RPh, PA, NP, PT etc.) with additional years of clinical experience.
- Minimum 3 years MSL experience. Will consider additional clinical experience in lieu of MSL experience.
- Experience in neurological disease, trauma, and physical therapy are preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong business skills/acumen
- Proven ability to manage multiple project, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to present to groups of varying sizes.
- Proven track record of success in establishing and maintaining relationships with KOLs
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments and effectively communicate that information.
- Ability to travel swiftly and frequently (up to 60% travel at times throughout the year) with overnight stays. Close proximity (45 miles) to an airport hub with easy flights to major cities in Eastern US or Western US.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate an understanding of specialty pharma, medical device and healthcare industries; understanding of clinical trial design and working knowledge of GCP guidelines, particularly concerning investigator sponsored research
- Proven ability to apply medical expertise to influence key opinion leaders (KOL’s), academic institutions, managed care organizations, physicians, nurse
- Comfort and desire in working in a fast-paced, energetic start-up environment; willingness to ‘roll-up sleeves’ and be hands-on, while also being strategic is a must.