Location: Remote – Field Based – Headquartered out of Newtown, PA
Reports to: VP, Clinical Strategies
Reporting to the VP, Clinical Strategies, the Associate Director, Physical Therapy is responsible for directing all training activities and content associated with PoNS Treatment. Delivers product training and certification programs for therapists in the application of company products and treatment methodologies. Organizes, conducts, and coordinates training sessions, both online and at facilities in the US and Canada to train customers and internal technical employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct training and certification programs for PoNS Treatment; maintain training records.
- Interact with clinical and administrative leaders within targeted therapy centers for the introduction of company products as a therapeutic treatment option.
- Update physical therapy policies, procedures, and related services for new treatment indications.
- Provide clinical perspective to internal teams to assist in the development of reimbursement pathways for coverage, coding, and payment.
- Review relevant documents and provide input on PoNS device operation, software user interface, and instructions for use.
- Provide training and support for clinical trials for PoNS Treatment.
- Liaise with educational institutions, colleges, and universities related to introduction, education, and implementation of PoNS Treatment.
- Perform projects and other duties as requested by management
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Advanced degree in Physical Therapy
- 10+ years of experience as a physical therapist treating neurological/neuromuscular disorders
- Operational understanding of physical therapy delivery system as well as the clinical development process
- Teaching experience
- Exceptional communication, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team or group setting
Additional Qualifications Desirable but not required
- Experience with clinical research
- Demonstrated skills in applied neurorehabilitation research
Key Competencies for Position:
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team and supplier activities.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Communication: Communicate information and project data with team members, clients, contractors in a clear and concise manner; able to express both technical and non-technical issues and ideas clearly.
- Departmental procedures, HIPAA, general training on FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and other required training