The Medical Science Liaison Director will serve as a key mentor and leader for the MSL team, as well as an information resource for field personnel and clients, providing in-depth scientific information on all Helius Medical products.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Act as a Medical/Scientific advisor regarding approved products for Helius Medical, Inc.
- Hire, mentor, develop, train and lead a team of field-based MSLs
- Ride-along with each Medical Science as needed – alternate in each territory
- Coverage of an assigned territory to measure strategic scientific messaging impact and to build effective KOL relationships
- Conduct weekly and quarterly Medical Science Liaison meetings
- Provide scientific information regarding use of company products as requested by health care providers
- Respond to medical information inquiries from customers and healthcare professionals
- Provide medical and scientific support and assist in the training of the Marketing and Sales departments.
- Review IIT proposals from health care providers for merit and support
- Identify resources and foster relationships, training and development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Interacts with KOL’s in the field to obtain feedback on products, source appropriate faculty to give presentations on behalf of the company. Identify potential speakers and key opinion leaders for Speakers Bureau and Advisory Panels
- Develop and maintain relationships with Speakers Bureau personnel
- Identify, contact, develop and maintain relations with health care providers to establish and/or further the knowledge of division’s products and their appropriate use; when necessary, assist in resolving issues pertaining to that use.
- Identify educational needs and research opportunities and implement tactics to support scientific needs
- Work with Chief Medical Officer to develop and review scientific education materials
- Work with Chief Medical Officer to develop and maintain strategic call plan to effectively achieve company objectives and goals
- Create PowerPoint programs for MSL team
- Identify key clinical meetings on local, state and national level
- Participate in special Regional and National projects e.g., team meetings, training, etc.
- Attend training lectures, symposia and conferences in order to maintain current license and maintain and promote Company’s therapeutic area(s) expertise
- Collect and report competitive intelligence within company guidelines.
- Educate field personnel. Assist the field in calls when extensive knowledge and education is beneficial to the customer.
- Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
- We all must embrace the QUALITY culture.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- PhD, Pharm.D., MD required, +3 years of MSL management experience and 5 years of MSL experience preferred
- Previous CNS experience required; device experience preferred, but not required.
- Requires extensive understanding of the company's product(s), commercialization strategy, the competition, and the pharmaceutical/device industry in general
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make decisions independently and with appropriate input
- Ability to take feedback constructively and consider the viewpoints of others
- Flexibility in adapting to multiple therapeutic areas interchangeably
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in working with the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Required travel 75% - covers the entire continental U.S.
- Ability to travel via commercial airline carriers
- Ability to travel long distances by car
Physical Environment and Physical Requirements
- While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk and hear.