Location: Canada (Remote) – Headquartered out of Newtown, PA
*Possibility for multiple Territory Manager Roles (Western Canada and Eastern Canada); candidates located in BC/AB will be assessed for the Western Canada Role, candidates located in the Maritimes/Quebec will be assessed for the Eastern Canada Role
Reports to: National Territory Manager and the Sales director, Canada.
The Territory Manager is responsible for developing relationships with clinics, health care providers, and centers of influence in order to drive the adoption of PoNS™ Therapy within Western Canada.
They will target, prospect, contact, attend meetings and conferences, schedule in-service events, and work with PoNS™ certified clinics to raise awareness of and increase patient demand for PoNS Therapy with currently existing clinics and new clinics that are onboarded as a result of the Territory Manager’s efforts. This position reports to the National Territory Manager and the Sales director, Canada.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills Required:
- The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor) program involving acquisition of an advanced understanding of complex concepts and procedures in an area of work related to assigned duties. This specialized training is often recognized by a degree or combination of education and experience in the business, healthcare, sales and/or the combination of the aforementioned
- Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is three to six years; experience in the medical device space, start-up company environment is considered an asset
- Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because they understand what is expected, as well as the best approach to take
- Incredibly successful as both a team player and an individually guided worker. The opportunity to develop and exercise your business literacy, critical thinking and problem-solving skills is boundless and highly sought after.
- Bilingual French & English written, oral and comprehension is an asset
Specific responsibilities include:
- Initiate, develop, and cultivate relationships with key contacts at existing and prospective clinics to drive PoNS™ adoption in order to meet or exceed sales forecast within a territory.
- Create, maintain, action and be held accountable for a prospecting plan including territory management, call plans, and value-added touchpoints to meet sales goals.
- Ensure such call plan includes regular audits of clinic inventory to ensure accuracy of records and usability of real-world data/evidence.
- Develop and/or maintain legendary customer service, support and rapport with a variety of clinical partners
- In collaboration with the National Territory Manager and/or Director of Sales, develop programs, communication pieces, support materials, and processes to deliver ‘white-glove’, customer-centric service to PoNS™ authorized providers; potential projects include clinic training materials and deliverance of training materials
- Consider creative solutions to develop educational and promotional meetings in order to cultivate interest among clinicians, patients, and caregivers.
- Continually seek new avenues to identify appropriate patients to direct to certified PoNS™ therapy centers.
- In collaboration with the Canadian Commercial Team and other departments, develop mechanisms to drive adoption of PoNS Therapy™ and obtaining reimbursement.
- The Territory Manager will also be responsible for working with PoNS Trainers to ensure the accuracy and integrity of real-world data collected in conjunction with PoNS™ use for accounts assigned to Territory Manager.
- Coordinate sales and marketing activity with Helius brand and corporate efforts in accordance with LMR guidelines as needed.
Key Components to being successful in this position:
- Adopt Helius’ culture of sales excellence, including sales processes, pipeline management, forecast accuracy, and a focus on sales KPI’s in a competitive market
- Ensure such call plan includes regular audits of clinic inventory and data capture to ensure accuracy of records and usability of real-world data/evidence.
- Understand the unique needs of each partner clinic to develop win-win solutions in further driving PoNS™ adoption with the goal of establishing rich and enduring partnerships with our customers.
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency and expertise in discussing the potential benefits and risks of PoNS Therapy.
- Represent Helius at events and conferences as assigned; attend scientific meetings, congresses and conferences, and therapeutic area training sessions to maintain a current knowledge base and to develop understanding of other intelligent products to bonify and expand PoNS Therapy™ and related assessments.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance and Helius company ethical and moral standards in all business activities.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings actively.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Achievement Orientation: Striving to meet or exceed a standard of excellence; looking for ways to do things better, set challenging goals and take calculated risks. Meet goals and objectives in a reasonable, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent manner.
- Bias for Action: Propensity to act or decide without extended analysis in pursuit of end goals. Comfort with ‘learning as you go’ and modifying or revising approach based on outcomes and experience.
- Intelligent Tenacity: The unwavering determination to meet goals or objectives in a reasonable, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent manner.
- Positive Outlook: The ability to see the positive in people, situations, and events and persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Adaptability: Flexibility in handling change, juggling multiple demands, and adapting our ideas or approaches.
- Empathy: The ability to sense others’ feelings and perspectives, taking an active interest in their concerns and picking up cues about what others feel and think.
- Organizational Awareness: The ability to read a group’s emotional currents and power relationships, identifying influencers, networks, and organizational dynamics.
- Emotional Self-Awareness: The ability to understand one’s own emotions and their effects on our performance and impact on others
- Influence: The ability to have a positive impact on others, persuading or convincing others in order to gain their support.
- Conflict Management: The ability to help others through emotional or tense situations, tactfully bringing disagreements into the open and finding solutions all can endorse.
- Teamwork: The ability to work with others towards a shared goal; participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards, and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Departmental procedures, HIPAA, general training on FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), ISO 13485, Canadian Medical Devices Regulations (CMDR) and Medical Device Directive (MDD).